Participant Rules for Discover Scuba Events at CRYC
Thank you for your interest in our Discover Scuba Events at the Coral Ridge Yacht Club (CRYC). We are fortunate to have access to this beautiful facility, so it is imperative that we demonstrate our gratitude by respecting the club and its members. Remember, we are guests of the club and we are “sharing” the CRYC pool with the club members during our events. As a guest of the club you are expected to be on your best behavior and to abide by the following rules.
- All adaptive divers and adaptive buddies shall register in advance to participate in a Discover Scuba Event at CRYC. Registration shall end the night before the event. After that adaptive divers must call for availability.
- Divers can only book one 30 minute dive per Saturday. Pool sessions may be extended to 60 minutes with prior approval. Once approved, adaptive divers may schedule 2 time slots in a row. Time slots are available from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM. All divers must be out of the pool by 1:00 PM.
- Divers cannot have more than 2 booked dives scheduled in advance at any given time.
- Adaptive divers should show up at least 15 minutes early for their scheduled session.
- All adaptive divers must submit the required paperwork before entering the pool.
- Only 2 dive groups shall be scheduled per 30 minute time slot. There shall only be 3 dive groups in the pool at any given time: 2 scheduled groups underwater and 1 group transitioning out of the pool. Each dive group may contain:
- 1 adaptive diver
- 2 or 3 adaptive dive buddies
- No more than 2 family members
- All scuba equipment setup and staging shall occur on the southeast corner of the pool so that the area surrounding the entry stairs is clear and available for members and guests to enter and exit the pool. Any scuba gear not in use shall also be stored on the southeast corner of the pool.
- Divers shall use their best efforts to keep clear of the stairs after entering the pool. The stairs should be used by divers for entry and exit only. Once your session is over you must exit the pool.
- All adaptive divers must leave the club property within one hour after the end of their dive or by 2:00 PM, whichever is earlier.
- All equipment will be provided for adaptive divers, but it is recommended that you have your own mask, snorkel and fins.
- Dive buddies must bring all their own equipment including tanks.
- All guests must abide by the club’s pool attire rules: In support of a family-friendly environment, bathing suits must provide appropriate coverage. One or two-piece bathing suits for women are acceptable. For both men and women, thong style bathing suits are not acceptable. Cover-ups must be worn over bathing suits outside the immediate pool area, including at the Point Bar, restrooms, patios and parking areas. Swimmers must be towel-dried when entering the Point Bar, and cover-ups must be non-sheer, non-fishnet material. Footwear must be worn in all areas away from the immediate pool deck.